Haji Mohammad Salim
The Managing Director of Madina Group
Haji Mohammad Salim, the Managing Director of Madina Group, hails from a respe ctable Muslim family of Dhaka City having a long-standing business reputation. He has earned name and fame among the business community for his outstanding quality and business activities.
Apart from his business life, Haji Salim is a highly praised as social worker and popular personality with a commitment to work for the welfare of the people. He is the founder of Haji Salim Oxford English School, Haji Salim Degree College and orphanage. He has also established and repaired more than a hundred of mosques, madrashas and orphanages. He has also a plan to set up a modern hospital in the name of his father late Hajee Chand Miah Shardar. To rehabilitate destitute women, Haji Salim has founded a women training and rehabilitation center in the name of his mother Saleha Begum.
In recognition of his contribution to the society, people elected him Member of Parliament (MP) in the seventh Parliament from the Dhaka-8 constituency. Earlier, he was also elected Commissioner from Dhaka City Corporation's 65 and 66 no. words in 1994. His business attachment with India, USA, Australia, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bhutan bring him up a prestigious entrepreneur in international business sector.
He was involved in many social organizations as below:
- President of governing bodies of 12 nos. secondary and higher secondary schools and colleges
- Acting Mayor of DCC in 1999
- Currently he is holding below prestigious position
- President of fruits importer and export business association.
- President of Babu Bazar and Badamtoly rice depot association.
- General Secretary Cement Owner's association.
- Founder president of Atith Bandhan Somaj Kallyan Songtha.
- Member of FBCCI
- Member of DCCI
- Member of Chittagong boat club
- Member of Gulshan Club
- Member of Chittagong Senior Club etc.
At present he has elected a Member of Parliament of 10th Parliamentary election for Dhaka-7 constituency (Lalbagh-Kotwali) and also he is holding the joint Secretary, Dhaka City Awami League.